The 34th Bolton Abbey Show was a great success, with much activity in the hall during the afternoon.
The exhibits were of a very high standard and the tables were full of cakes, flowers, paintings and crafts. In the refreshment room everyone enjoyed homemade cakes and teas.
The ‘Come and be Creative’ scheme was even more popular than its debut last year.
Organisers thanked all the competitors, the Boyle and Petyt and Montessori schools for covering the hall walls with their artwork, and the judges for their diligent work.
The cup and shield winners were:
- Bolton Abbey Estate Cup – Cathie Cromarty, (most points in adult classes);
- Village Hall Cup – Maya Baugh, (most points in children’s classes);
- Best Exhibit Children’s Baking – Fergus Gray;
- Best Exhibit Children’s Crafts – Maya Baugh;
- Best Exhibit Children’s Miscellaneous – Fergus Gray;
- Village Hall Flower Shield – Barbara Pickersgill;
- Best Exhibit Adult Crafts – Christine Dale;
- Best Exhibit Adult Baking – Cathie Cromarty;
- Lady Hartington Cup Best Exhibit from Boyle & Petyt School – Poppy Newton;
- Bolton Abbey Show Cup for Preserves – Tina Butler;
- Oakfield Cup, Adult Miscellaneous – Jill Penock;
- Photography Cup – Matthew Hey.